Healing Through The Arts provides information and resources to encourage and support healing to individuals, caregivers and their families.
Why is art important to healing? When patients and their caregivers have exposure to art they:
- Are more optimistic and hopeful
- Experience less boredom, anxiety and loneliness
- Are better able to let go of fears and tension and reduce stress
- Are better able to communicate their emotions and concerns about treatments and procedures
- Feel less pain and respond better to treatment since a less stressed body is more able to heal than a tense one